Many people hold weight in their stomach region. As this tends to be a hard place to lose fat we are going to give you five truths on how to do this.
- The food you eat. Yes, the food you eat is one of the most important parts of losing belly fat. Although cheese and bread are delicious, this in fact is not the best way to lose weight. The truth is, the size of your belly is 80% determined by what you eat. There yes, you have to choose wisely in order to lose that weight. Although we are not telling you to cut out entire food groups, but it is important to make healthy choices. Focusing on eating lean proteins, fruits and veggies is the best way to do this. This means that you need to eat healthy 80% of the time, that gives you two cheat meals a week, not two a day!
- Staying hydrated. If I told you that even slight dehydration can slow down your metabolism by 3 percent, would you drink more water? Yes, dehydration slows your metabolism! Water is great for other reasons too. It can help shed bloat. It also keeps you full, so you are less likely to snack and treat throughout the day. Staying hydrated is incredibly important when it comes to losing belly fat, and overall weight. You should be consuming half your body weight in water every day. So, if you weigh 150 pounds, you should have 75 ounces of water a day.
- Learn the truth about grains. Like I said, you don’t need to eliminate entire food groups to lose belly fat. But there is one that could be greatly reduced—grains. Our dependence on grains is out of convenience and comfort. The average person contains too many grains and these eating choices should be replaced by healthy alternatives such as fruits, vegetables and protein. Switching to whole wheat is not enough. Whole wheat is not necessarily good for you. Yes, it has a bit more nutrition than white grains, but it still causes water retention and inflammation for most people.
- Cardio. When it comes to losing belly fat, cardio plays a good role in this. Some cardios work better than others. HIIT (High intensity interval training) is one of these. This type of cardio take about 20-30 minutes and it really helps stimulate your metabolism and keeps you fit!
- Lift. This is probably the most commonly missed gem when it comes to women’s weight-loss. Strength training, even if it’s just your own body weight, is essential for burning fat. Weight lifting is very important and should be done 2-3 times a week.
If you are interested in getting fit and losing that extra belly fat then look no further then total fitness! We are a proud fitness center and are here to make each one of our clients feel comfortable and motivated! We want to work with you to increase your overall health! Give us a call today and start working out with us!