Workplace Wellness Has Gone Corporate!
Many of us are stressed with struggling to balance work-life, family-life, and trying to implement personal time into our busy lives. We, as a North American culture, are OVER stressed, leading us into a fast paced frenzy, with an increasing population suffering from muscle tension and pain, depression, anxiousness and other stress-related conditions and illnesses.
Companies are now realizing the increasing benefit to providing Wellness Programs and health awareness to employees. It is a fact that we are spending billions of dollars in the United States on health care related to stress and the illnesses that are linked to it. 2/3 of the workplace population feels the workplace is a good area to promote health.
Did you know?
- 40% of job turnover is due to stress.
- Over 50% of lost workdays are stress related, which keeps about 1 million people per day from attending work.
- “(Job stress is “the 20th Century disease”)” United Nations National Report
- 75-90% of visits to primary care physicians are for stress related problems
- 1 million employees are absent on an average workday due to stress related problems – National Safety Council estimate
- 78% describe their jobs as being stressful.
- Stress costs 200 – 300 billion annually, as assessed by absenteeism, diminished productivity, employee turnover, accidents, and direct medical, legal, and insurance
A growing number of corporations are implementing employee wellness programs to keep their staff healthy and to reduce the frequency of sick days.
Companies big and small have discovered the benefits of wellness in the workplace, and they’re using it as a way to attract and keep employees, while also keeping them productive.
You don’t have to be a large corporation to offer employees this benefit in your office. It works for any size and type of business that manages a hard-working staff.
You can provide a great benefit for your employees and at the same time make a marked difference in their lives!